Monday, May 26, 2008

A Memorial Day to Remember

I woke up around 7am and immediately showered. After that, I bullshitted on the computer for a bit and helped my mom and uncle Greg get ready for our Memorial Day BBQ. At around 9:25am, I left for Dover to meet my buddy Tyler so we could hunt for LDTs (low-digit tags) in Sussex County. Right before I met up with Tyler, I spotted D97 at Dover VW.

Before we headed to Sussex County, we stopped through Dover - there was absolutely nothing.

We then headed to a few car dealerships in Milford. The best thing we saw was plate 578 but it was in a garage and there was a guy standing right next to it. I felt a little bit uncomfortable taking the picture so we let it slide. We headed into historic Milford to some school bus yards. My friend Tyler is really into school buses and LDTs so he knows where all the low-digit C tags are, including C90. In one bus yard, we saw (all black tags) C806, C472, and C463. Unfortunately, we never got to see C90 but Tyler said he's going to try to get a picture of it this week. We decided to then drive past the Minner family home in the farm area of Milford and then head to Milton and Harbeson. There was nothing in Milton but in Harbeson, we spotted this:

That was the second-best highlight of our trip!

After that, we headed to Lewes. The roads were FULL of cops and speed traps. We finally got to Lewes and started to drive around - I had no idea that Lewes was so big! Among the tags we saw in Lewes were 645, PC215 (on a beach tag!), PC255, 251, and 185. We then headed to a fairly exclusive development in Lewes and saw PC970, PC577, and PC408. After exhausting all LDT possibilities, we promptly headed over to Rehoboth Beach.

First we drove through the Rehoboth Beach Country Club and Yacht Club and the surrounding neighborhood. Three words. OH. MY. GOD. These houses are ENORMOUS! I will definitely be going there more often.

Here's the breakdown:
  • In the surrounding neighborhood
    • PC639, C692, 218, 777
  • At the RBCC
    • 234, 277, 984, D1, 914
  • Near the beach
    • 293
After Rehoboth, we headed back to Dover to part ways. We decided to stop at Wendy's on Rt. 1 in Rehoboth. I'm not kidding when I tell you that it took us 20 minutes from the time we walked in the door to the time we left with our carryout food. The work ethic in that location was terrible! There were two hourly employees and a manager in the dining room, chatting and gossiping, while this poor older lady worked the whole front counter by herself. I felt terrible! What happened that the work ethic in the country is so bad? Sometimes I'm ashamed of being an American.

We headed back to Dover and, after sitting in 75 minutes of traffic for a drive that should have taken 35 minutes. As soon as we got back to Dover, I suggested that we stop back at Legislative Hall one more time to scout out the reserved parking spots for the governor, lieutenant governor, and the secretary of state (tags 1, 2, and 3). The only one we could find was the lieutenant governor's. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment